Sunday, June 7, 2009

You Like Me.



I'm only one episode into Skins and I'm already in love with Cassie Ainsworth's style. Apparently I'm not alone, for my Google search of the character that Hannah Murray portrays yielded a wikiHow result titled, "How to Be Like Cassie from Skins." Ha. Say what you will about the Brits, but I've always admired their way of dressing. I remember the summer I participated in the Global Youth Leaders Conference in Washington D.C. and New York. It was the summer before my senior year of high school and there were high school students from all over the world. However, it was the group of kids from England that fascinated me. They had accents, went to boarding schools, and had a jaded air of sophisticated coolness about them. They seemed so much older and cooler than me, and I would have given anything to smoke cigarettes with them on the steps (alas, it wasn't until the end of the program that they realized I had a penchant for Parliament Lights and extended an invitation to join them). There was a certain nonchalance to the way they dressed, with their chicly rumpled hair and ability to accessorize just so, much like Cassie. These aren't girls who spend hours in front of the mirror, contemplating hair and outfit choices. I mean, Cassie doesn't really appear to have the capacity to mentally process or plan anything other than how not to eat and what pills to take next. No matter, her sequined dress, tousled hair, and coat tail tux jacket were absolute perfection anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment